Message Area
Casually read the BBS message area using an easy to use interface. Messages are categorized exactly like they are on the BBS. You may post new messages or reply to existing messages!

You are not logged in. Login here for full access privileges.

Previous Message | Next Message | Back to Classic Computers  <--  <--- Return to Home Page
   Networked Database  Classic Computers   [296 / 310] RSS
 From   To   Subject   Date/Time 
Message   Dave Drum    Sean Dennis   Very sad news   July 4, 2019
 6:45 AM *  

-=> Sean Dennis wrote to All <=-

SD> I regret to inform you that one of our own, Ben Ritchey, passed away on
 SD> June 27 at the age of 65.

SD> I will miss him a lot.  He helped me for decades with FTN technology
 SD> questions and provided me with many things, including his source code
 SD> to the current Elist bot.  We were working together on an issue
 SD> concerning MOD RUL updates not working.

SD> Time marches on and waits for no man, sadly.

SD> Rest in peace, Ben.

Bummer .... none of us get out of here alive. But, we're seldom ready
when the journey is over. I only knew Ben from his sporadic appearances
in the Cooking Echo - but, 65 is young (says the 77 year old).

All we can do is live it by a bit of philosophy I picked up from a 
Datsun/Nissan ad on the glass teat ... "Life's a journey. Enjoy the
ride."

It's worked for me - so far.
... "Life is a fatal complaint, and an eminently contagious one." - O. W. 
Holmes
--- MultiMail/Win32
 * Origin: Outpost BBS * Limestone, TN, USA (1:18/200)
  Show ANSI Codes | Hide BBCodes | Show Color Codes | Hide Encoding | Hide HTML Tags | Show Routing
Previous Message | Next Message | Back to Classic Computers  <--  <--- Return to Home Page

VADV-PHP
Execution Time: 0.0628 seconds

If you experience any problems with this website or need help, contact the webmaster.
VADV-PHP Copyright © 2002-2024 Steve Winn, Aspect Technologies. All Rights Reserved.
Virtual Advanced Copyright © 1995-1997 Roland De Graaf.
v2.0.140505

Warning: Unknown: open(c:\Sessions\sess_2ve6vasm924m6uatqgmjgs1u33, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (c:\Sessions) in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: session_start(): open(c:\Sessions\sess_2ve6vasm924m6uatqgmjgs1u33, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in D:\wc5\http\public\VADV\include\common.inc.php on line 45 PHP Warning: Unknown: open(c:\Sessions\sess_2ve6vasm924m6uatqgmjgs1u33, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (c:\Sessions) in Unknown on line 0